Dear Bi Guy,
You said in one of your posts that you lost a lot of weight in college. How much weight did you lose? What was your secret? I'm sure the short answer is diet and
exercise, but specifically, what changes did you make to your eating habits and what forms of exercise worked for you? I'd love to look like you, but need to know the first steps on the road to get to where you are today.
Thanks,
Sam
Dear Sam,
My weight loss process started right before my senior year of high school. At the time, I weighed, are you ready?, 275 lbs. Right now, I weigh 205 lbs. I started the process by doing a lot of cardio at first. I had gotten together with a trainer who showed me what I needed to do. I started out all cardio and gradually incorporated weights into my weekly workouts. I started out with 4 days cardio then one day of weights. Eventually, I made it up to 3 days of each. Basically he had me doing full body workouts, targeted different muscle groups to enhance the workout.
In regards to my eating habits, a nutrionist told me that it would be better for me to eat a few small meals throught that day rather than 2 or 3 big ones. She also gave me a list of things I should avoid and also gave me names of brands that would be best. What I did was stop buying my lunch at school. I started taking my own lunch from home. The same thing with junk food. I completely cut it out then. In high school it was very difficult to avoid but I knew I had to. I also ate snacks in between meals so that when I got to a meal, I wouldn't be as hungry.
I really hope this help. I did my best to remember what I did. E-mal me if you have further questions.
Sincerely,
The Bi Guy
2 comments:
Great plan!
I've just started something similar myself under the supervision of a trainer and nutritionist, so can whole heartedly recommend it also.
Slow, steady, regular and ongoing results are best results, and make it easier to stay focussed.
I have started as well. So I'll use your advice of your way to lose some weight.
take care
Post a Comment