Hey guys! This was actually pushed back from Friday. I was too busy with the stories to write it. Well, I wanted to just provide you all with a quick summary of the all the nominations last week because there were plenty. Coming up with the nominations was a very difficult process so they were all pretty tough for me. I'm not usre yet who will win but I'll give you some input.
MOVIES
Most nominated movie: The Devil Wears Prada with 5 nominations.
The movie categories were very diverse, going from the usual artistic fair (The Queen, The Departed), to the more commercial fare (X-Men: The Last Stand, Pirates of the Carribbean), to the plain bad (Just My Luck, John Tucker Must Die). I wanted to be a little more diverse in the nominations rather than what those other award shows do.
Here is a quick breakdown of the multiple nominees:
The Devil Wears Prada: 5
X-Men: The Last Stand: 4
Dreamgirls: 4
Babel: 4
The Departed: 2
The Queen: 2
Borat: 2
Norbit: 2
The Pursuit of Happyness: 2
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest: 2
The Prestige: 2
The Loners (One Nomination): The Da Vinci Code, Little Miss Sunshine, Zodias, Step Up, The Holiday, John Tucker Must Die, Marie Antoinette, Just My Luck, V For Vendetta
TELEVISION
This was one of the more difficult categories with so many different options I had. I had to leave out a few of the smaller shows and instead with with the more popular ones and of course, the hottest actors and actresses. Here is the breakdown:
Grey's Anatomy: 7
Ugly Betty: 5
Heroes: 4
Prison Break: 4
How I Met Your Mother: 4
Desperate Housewives: 3
Veronica Mars: 2
The Class: 2
Lost: 2
The Loners: Family Guy, The Simpsons, South Park, The Amazing Race, American Idol, Big Brother, Dancing With the Stars, The Real World, Nip/Tuck, Dirt, Brothers & Sisters, Alias, Charmed, The OC
MUSIC
Ahhh, this one had to be the most difficult category to figure out. There was just so much that I loved in music this past year that I had a tough time narrowing things down. I was literally finishing them right at the last minute. A lot of my favorites of course were the front runners. There is a three way tie for
RBD: 5
Justin Timberlake: 5
Nelly Furtado: 5
The Killers: 3
Beyonce: 3
Madonna: 3
Gwen Stefani: 2
The Pussycat Dolls: 2
The Loners: James Blunt, JC Chasez, Chris Daughtry, Fergie, The Fray, Panic! At The Disco
Well everyone, there you have it. Start speculating on who will win and who will be snubbed. Las Vegas odds are putting everything in favor of the front runners taking everything home but you will have to wait and see. You never know what surprises may be in store. Tune in on Friday, May 9th to find out.
1 comment:
I loved The Devil Wears Prada. I don't miss an episode of Grey's Anatomy nor Heroes (especially Heroes) and I will take Daughtry, thank you very much! What a rockin' voice, what a face, what a body...
Post a Comment