Friday, June 01, 2007

The Best of the Bi Guy

THE HIATUS: DECEMBER 23, 2006 THROUGH JANUARY 7, 2007

During this short period, I was resting up while at the same time preparing for my comeback. I was floating around ideas of what to do. On December 28th, I posted my first ad, teasing you with my return. Then I started teasing you all with the tagline "Shock Your Mind." Originally, I was using "Be Surprised.." but I decided the first one had more punch to it and grabbed more attention.

THE SHOCK YOUR MIND ERA: JANUARY 8, 2007 THROUGH MAY 25, 2007

On January 8th, I made my highly anticipated comeback to the blogging world with a brand new look and several changes. Gone were "Weekend Update" and "What's Going On." Both were replaced by "Jay's Anatomy." I also changed the schedule of the posts. I really wanted to shock your mind so I decided to let my reader's voices be heard with "Reader Confessions." Another new post was "Midnight Fantasies." This involved reader fantasies and my own. This has been my most successul era as hits increased by 30% and it even gave me my highest hits in one day back in May.

Once I got all the kinks worked out, the era ran very smoothly. There was much more celebrity news and of course Britney's famous breakdown. This era also produced some of my best confessions, "The Married Couple," "Jay and The Gym Guy," "Jay Gets All Tied Up," and "Jay and the Younger Guy." This era produced two more celebrations. First we had The Confessions of a Bi Guy 1,000th Post Ceremony. This was a major milestone for me that I hit on February 9th. Then on April 2nd, I began announcing the nominations for the Bi Awards, the most prestigious awards of the Entertainment Industry.

After a one week delay, the Bi Awards finally took place on May 18, 2007, airing on NBC. The show was a huge success. Celebrities came from everywhere and the performances were top notch. The whole country watched to the tune of 69.69 million viewers. I was extremely happy with the turnout.

Well as you all know, I have gotten a new job so my time will be limited from now. I proclaim last week as the official end of this era. Next week is my final four days with the blog in its current state.

THE FUTURE: JUNE 25, 2007 AND BEYOND

Beginning June 8th, the blog will go on extended hiatus as I get used to my new job and plan the blog's next era. Back on May 22nd, I told you guys about the changes and what I will be adding to the blog:

The Confessions of a Bi Guy Summer Schedule: Effective June 25th.

Mondays:
The Bi Chart: Top 10 Shows
What To Watch
Midnight Fantasies

Tuesdays:
The Bi Chart: Top 15 Shows
What To Hear
Reader Confessions

Wednesdays:
Confession
A Day in the Life of a Bi Guy

Thursday:
Evolution
In the Zone (with changes, see below)

Friday:
OFF

Daily (Even Fridays):
Favorite YouTube Videos, (Tuesday and Thursday)
Jay's Anatomy
Hotties of the Day (with changes, see below)


What To Hear: This basically takes the place of New Music Reviews. It will feature a mix of old and new music that I think you guys will enjoy and that you should listen to.

A Day in the Life of a Bi Guy: I will post my exact daily activities from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed.

Evolution: You guys know about this oft-delayed post. It will launch when the blog returns. I consider it my origin stories on how I became the wacky Bi Guy you all know and love. It will be broken into "Volumes."

Hotties of the Day: They still will be daily. But I will be putting in two new features. 1. The Hotness Meter- I give you my opinion on each hotties' hotness on a scale of 1 to 10. 2. Ultimate Hottie- You have to vote and at the end of the day, I will chose the Ultimate Hottie of the Day, male or female

In the Zone: The post will still be fashion focused but more detailed on where to purchase, prices, etc. More changes later.

I am really excited for this new beginning and I hope you are too.

No comments: