Friday, June 01, 2007

The Best of the Bi Guy

THE PARTY ERA (OCTOBER 25, 2006-DECEMBER 15, 2006)

This era was probably the most hectic and fun eras of the Blog's life. I was happy and excited with the success of the blog and I wanted to celebrate very single milestone and just have some crazy fun.

On October 26th, Confessions of a Bi Guy hit a new milestone- 400 posts. The Confessions of a Bi-Guy 400th Post Celebration was a melee of performances and pictures with a special spotlight on hotties Channing Tatum, Jessica Alba, Eva Longoria, and Jake Gyllenhaal. Performers included Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, The Killers, Madonna Featuring the Gorillaz, My Chemical Romance, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, and Shakira. This would kick off a series of crazy events during this blog era.

Nearly immediately on November 10th, the blog hit yet another milestone- 500 posts. If the Celebration was big, this would be huge. The Confessions of a Bi Guy 500th Post Extravaganza was a huge and bloated party along the same vein as the previous one. The list of performers and guests was huge:

RBD
Britney Spears
Justin Timberlake
Mariah Carey
The Killers
Christina Aguilera
Beyonce
Nelly Furtado
Maroon 5
Rob Thomas
Gwen Stefani
Kelly Clarkson
Panic! At the Disco
The Pussycat Dolls
Fergie Featuring Will.i.am
Jennifer Lopez
Dane Cook
Jessica Simpson
Chris Evans
David Beckham
Victoria Beckham
Brooke Burke
Marc Anthony
Channing Tatum
Jessica Alba
Ali G

The extravaganza was a hug entertainment event with a very special debut performance of Stewie Griffith's single, "Sexy Party." Unfortunately, there was much behind the scenes drama. First, controversy ensued as the media blasted Britney and RBD for lip synching there performances. Then, Christina and Mariah got into a huge fight as hair exntensions flew everywhere. Beyonce also had an argument with Stewie for mentioning her in his song. He fired laser beams at her. Afterwards, everyone except those people attending Stewie's SexyAfterParty.

After the insanity of the Extravaganza, I found myself faced with the blog's six month anniversary. Things started with what I called, Greatest Hits Week. Similar to Anniversary Week, it featured my favorite hotties and confessions. However, I held a reader poll to determine the winners, which were Jesse Metcalfe, Jessica Alba, and the "Fantastic Four". And of course, we had The Confessions of a Bi Guy 6 Month Anniversary Spectacular.

The Spectacular was yet another big celebration that featured a red carpet for the first time and was also full of controversy. Britney, Lindsay and Paris all arrived together and flashed their goodies to the people on the red carpet. The Spectular was just as bloated and action packed as the last two celebrations.

After so many parties, I was beat. I needed a break so on December 8, 2006, I announced that the blog would be going on hiatus for the holidays. Then on December 15, 2006, I kept my promise and all regular posting was stopped, except for Hotties of the Day, which ran through December 26th.

No comments: