1. "Gimme More" by Britney Spears- Come on, are you really surprised? Say what you will about her but the woman has made a great, catchy record and she deserves props for that.
2. "Wake Up Call" by Maroon 5- There aren't too many songs about killing your significant other's lover out there. Maroon 5 does an excellent job and makes the story about killing someone really catchy.
3. "Tattoo" by Jordin Sparks- I love the sound of this song and that "yelping" in the background. She is the first American Idol winner since Kelly Clarkson that I actually am enjoying from the start.
4. "Do It Well" by Jennifer Lopez- J. Lo is back to singing in English and I couldn't be any happier. While nothing new is created, it's a classic J. Lo song.
5. "When You're Gone" by Avril Lavigne- Sure it's a drippy ballad but it is sad. Especially when you watch the accompanying video. I'm sure plenty of people can relate to its lyrics one way or another.
6. "Don't Stop the Music" by Rihanna- She sure is having a great year. Had this chart been around a month ago, she would have been number 1. I still can't get enough of this song. I have never heard Michael Jackson being used as a sound effect.
7. "How Far We've Come" by Matchbox Twenty- After being gone for song long thanks to Rob Thomas' successful solo venture, the boys are back together and it seems as if they never left.
8. "1973" by James Blunt- I don't see his new single having the success of "You're Beautiful" but it's a great try. I love it.
9. "Ayo Technology" by 50 Cent Featuring Justin TImberlake- I thought I would neve like a 50 Cent song as much as I like this one. I guess JT helps a lot.
10. "LoveStoned" by Justin Timberlake- The video totally ruined this song for me.
11. "Break the Ice" by Britney Spears- I shouldn't have this and I shouldn't be telling you this but this is an awesome song. Look for it on YouTube.
12. "Heaven On Earth" by Britney Spears- Ditto.
13. "Haunted" by Kelly Clarkson- Oh Kelly, I'm so disappointed. Release this song. Now.
14. "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie- After so many months, I still love this song.
15. "Do It" by Nelly Furtado- Very catchy song with a cool 80s feel to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment