
Part of me was glad that I wasn't around to summarize this truly horrendous season of Big Brother. Coming on the heals of Big Brother 6 and Big Brother: All-Stars, this season was an extreme disappointment. Nevertheless, I did tune in for the end last night.
Given Daniele's infuriating personality, I kinda got a perverse pleasure in seeing her father win by a 5-2 vote — considering that I didn't want to see either of them win at all. I, like so many of you, considered boycotting the finale because I knew it would be terribly anticlimactic, but I had to experience this final hour, if only to enjoy the payoff of seeing the houseguests' reaction to Eric being America's player. Even in the end, Eric didn't disappoint and we got more twitches and weird eyebrow movement!
Though his in-house machinations were often as dirty as Dick and Daniele's, Eric's an intelligent and articulate player, and he did a damn fine job of convincing the jury that Dick was the more deserving winner. I actually didn't agree though. Daniele's game was much stronger in terms of the competitions. I loved it when Jameka said Daniele was the pimp and Dick was her ho. At the same time, something can be said for the fact that Dick, unlike Daniele, always made it known that he was playing for two — a pretty amazing accomplishment in a game that practically demands an egotistical attitude to the end. Even in those final minutes of last night's episode, I sensed that Dick was humble and happy for both himself and his daughter, while Daniele was just putting on a good face. Notice how he gave her a big kiss on the cheek while she just stood there unflinching, smiling to the camera. She even seemed happier to see Nick than she was to "share" her victory with Evil. I'm glad I tuned in. Great jury moments, great finale, a great amount of glitter on Julie's chest. Jessica never looked hotter, ditto to Mike who left way to early. But Zach, you're still a freaking tool. Amber, you are not hot, Tyra won't want you. Jameka, love ya!
What a craptastic season this was thanks to an unprecedented amount of controversy. We had Dick's verbal abuse, Amber's anti-Semitism, allegations of game tampering by the producers, and cheating by the players. Many even wondered whether Daniele was even eligible to win since you're supposed to be 21 to play in this game. People complained and complained but nothing was ever done, especially with the whole Dick-Jen-Cigarette-Iced Tea incident. I do think the producers did have more of a hand this time around in getting to the outcome, which is really disappointing. I watched the feeds and things went on that made it kind of obvious. Whatever the case, I'll still be watching next summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment